We are thrilled to announce that this year’s annual fundraiser will be held at Saint Arnold’s Brewery in Houston. The event will be on Tuesday November 5 from 6:30PM until 8:30PM. Tickets are $30 which will cover some delicious appetizers and Saint Arnold’s refreshing beers. We’ll have members presenting on ongoing and upcoming projects so come on out and enjoy some great food, information, networking and of course socializing.
See the poster below for more details. Feel free to print it out, post it at work or forward it to colleagues and friends who might be interested in attending.
Tickets available at http://ewbhouston.org/fundraiser.
In lieu of a chapter meeting in August, we will have our annual Social Event. It will be Wednesday August 14, from 7pm-9pm at Cedar Creek Cafe. This event will be open to all and is a great time to invite friends, colleagues and coworkers who may be interested in getting involved with EWB. We’ll be sending out an email and a poster for you to pass on to anyone who may be interested. Furthermore, this will be a great opportunity for all of us to get to know one another a little better. One of the main purposes of this event is to facilitate networking within our organization for people involved in different programs who may not get a chance to socialize during our normal chapter meetings. It’s going to be a great time, so be sure to mark your calendar we’ll see you there!
See below for the event poster. Click to download the PDF. Feel free to print this out and post it at your office!
Our chapter recently developed and approved of new QA/QC Processes for handling Program Assessment and Program Initiations. These will be useful for anyone looking to understand more about the proper ways to begin actions with programs and they include the principles, steps and constraints associated with the processes. Please contact Ruth Alkons-Wolinsky at email@example.com for questions about these documents.
Program Assessment and Subsequent QA Process
Program Initiation QA Process
If you were unable to attend the Chapter Meetings or are interested in learning more about topics discussed during our meetings, please find links below to all of the 2013 EWB Houston Chapter Meeting Presentations to-date.
EWB Central Houston General Outreach Presentation
EWB Houston March 2013 Presentation
EWB Houston April 2013 Presentation
EWB Houston May 2013
EWB Houston July 2013 Presentation
- 6:55 – 7:00 Meet and Greet
- 7:00 – 7:10 Expense Account Reporting – Scott Williams
- 7:10 – 7:25 South Africa possibility – Travis Spiegelhauer
- 7:25 – 7:40 India possibility – Nurul Mukul
- 7:40 – 7:55 Nicaragua possibility – Scott Williams/David Dale
- 7:55 – 8:00 Possible Coming Events and Miscellany – Terry Applegate
- 8:00 – 8:30 Breakout Sessions
- March 21 (Th) ASCE TX section Spring conference – Corpus Christi
- March 22 (Fri) Deadline to apply to host 2013 EWB-USA Southcentral conference
- March 23 (Sat) Rivers, Lakes, Bays N Bayous Trash Bash
- April 1 (Mon) Board Meeting (conference call only)
- April 6 (Sat) Global Innovations Forum (webinar)
- April 10 (Wed) Chapter Meeting
- All chapter members should review Community Program Growth Policy
- All teams should incorporate QA/QC cost increases into project budgets
- Kenya teams should review the new High Risk Travel Procedures
- Chapter members may find the Premier professional chapter award winner interesting for comparison purposes
- Chapter members may find Lifeblood by Alex Perry (available at HCPL) an interesting read on the fight against malaria (think “Nothing but Nets”) and development
Chapter Unrestricted Funds
Bolivia-Villa America/Pucara Sud
El Salvador-Colonia Esmerelda
Dear Friends & Volunteers,
Please join us for our Year End Social, Volunteer Orientation, & Donor Thank You Gathering.
Time: Wednesday December 12, 2012 – 6:00PM – 9:00PM.
Location: Green Building Resource Center, Houston Permitting Office, 1002 Washington Ave, Houston 77002 (free parking available)
Light Food and Drink to be provided by the Chapter
6:00 – 7:30 GBRC Open House begins- come meet Steve Stelzer and view the many exhibits ; check them out at: http://www.codegreenhouston.org
7:30 – 8:30 Those interested will meet upstairs for a discussion on volunteering with EWB; brief presentation followed by Q&A/discussion
8:30 – 9:00 Complete networking
Please click on the following link for the Powerpoint Presentation given by Rice University EWB Students in October 2012. These students are seeking qualified mentors in the Houston area. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in mentoring these students and/or accompanying them on assessment trips to Nicaragua (all expenses paid).
Presentation_121010_EWB Meeting – Houston Chapter C